Fruitful Harvests Vocations Workshop
Join Catholics from across the diocese who want to help foster vocations in their own parishes.
The goal of this one-day workshop is to help parishioners learn what it takes to launch a Vocations Team in their parishes and come back home with a practical plan to hit the ground running! Then, the Office of Vocations is committed to making sure that each Vocations Team that launches from this workshop receives regular outside support to succeed in the coming year.
Partnering with the US Council of Serra International, the Office of Vocations is bringing in two highly experienced presenters to facilitate the workshop – Greg Schwietz, past president of Serra International, and Anne Roat, president-elect of the US Council of Serra International.
Attendees can expect to:
- Learn what they can do to promote vocations in their parish.
- Plan how to put ideas into practice as part of a team.
- Meet those who are also striving to promote vocations in parishes from across the diocese.
This event is free to attendees and will include morning refreshments and lunch. Immaculate Heart Retreat Center is generously offering complimentary lodging for out of town participants for either or both of the nights of Friday, November 3 and Saturday, November 4.
Registration is required: Attendees must come as part of a group (ideally from their parish). Those who would like to attend should express their interest by completing this form [click here], and the Office of Vocations will work to connect them with a suitable group.
- 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m
- Holy Mass
- Bishop Daly will celebrate the Mass.
- 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
- Morning Refreshments
- 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Workshop Part I
- Learn about the importance and theory of promoting vocations.
- 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Workshop Part II
- Make practical plans for your next steps at your parish.
- 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Holy Hour for Vocations
- Workshop officially concludes after this time of prayer.